Rhinoplasty, also known as nose surgery, is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures we perform at Kaniff Cosmetic Medical Center in Sacramento. One of the reasons this procedure is so popular is because it can improve your facial appearance. Additionally, rhinoplasty in Sacramento can address a variety of issues including breathing problems and nasal deviation. In this post, our experts in Sacramento highlight some top tips for before and after the surgery.
Before the Surgery
1. It is important to consult with our plastic surgeon to find out if you are a good candidate for a nose job. Our doctor will conduct a physical examination and look at your medical history to determine whether the procedure is right for you.
2. Discontinue the use of pain medication and dietary supplements before your rhinoplasty in Sacramento.
3. You should quit smoking cigarettes before and after surgery. This is because nicotine slows down the healing process.
4. Usually, one breathes through the mouth after undergoing rhinoplasty. This is due to internal nasal swelling which blocks the nasal passage. So, make sure you have plenty of lip balm on hand to prevent your lips and mouth from drying up.
5. Look for comfortable clothes to wear at home after your surgery. Pull over sweaters are not recommended.
After the Surgery
1. Avoid workouts, straining, heavy lifting and touching your nose after your surgery.
2. Elevate your head with a pillow while sleeping to prevent internal bleeding and decrease swelling.
3. Consume a diet containing low salt after your surgery to minimize the accumulation of fluid in the nasal tip.
4. Wear sunscreen, glasses and hats for several months after surgery to prevent swelling and promote healing.
5. Whether you are experiencing congestion or any other nose-related issues after your surgery, remember to address any of your concerns with our surgeon.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you are interested in learning more about rhinoplasty in Sacramento and what to expect during recovery, contact the experts at Kaniff Cosmetic Medical Center to schedule your initial consultation today!
In the realm of aesthetic medicine, two treatment modalities have gained immense popularity due to their ability to revitalize facial