Sometimes the aging process, spending a lot of time under the sun, and acne can result in undesirable fine lines, wrinkles, scars and blotches on the face. One of the best ways to have healthier and more youthful skin is with the technology of Erbium laser resurfacing. This procedure uses precision to remove the different layers of the skin one at a time. During the healing process, new skin cells form. This results in the appearance of younger and tighter skin. The procedure can be used in conjunction with numerous cosmetic surgeries for even more dramatic results. This is an ideal option if you are interested in seeing a substantial improvement in the appearance of your skin. The laser is capable of removing everything from moderately deep wrinkles to superficial lines. The recover is also faster than with most of the other procedures.
One of the best benefits of this type of laser is the treatment is milder and less invasive than with the (CO2) carbon dioxide laser. The newer laser does not cause the severe skin damage and offers a much faster recovery period. The technology behind Erbium laser resurfacing uses light to rejuvenate the skin for a more youthful and fresher look. This is effective for fairly deep lines, acne, several different types of scars and wrinkles. The areas most commonly treated include the face, neck, hands, and chest. The top layer of the skin is ablated by the laser. This reveals the younger and smoother layer of underlying skin. The treatment additionally triggers the production of new collagen to enhance the tightening of the skin. This improves the overall appearance of the individual.
The procedure is performed in the office of the medical professional on an outpatient basis. During the process, the medical professional will precisely remove enough layers of skin to decrease or eliminate superficial to moderate wrinkles and lines. An ointment will be applied to your skin about one week after your procedure to prevent any scarring. You will be given instructions for your care from the medical professional. Within days, you can resume all of your regular activities. The treatment will result in a more refreshed and youthful appearance.
The best candidates for the treatment are interested in the correction of wrinkles and fine lines of the face, hands, neck, chest and back. The procedure is generally appropriate for a wide selection of individuals. It is important to keep your expectations regarding your treatment realistic. It is also a good idea to make certain all of your questions concerning the procedure have been answered by a medical professional. This being said, the results are stunning. The FDA has found Erbium laser resurfacing both effective and safe for treating moderate wrinkles and fine lines. Numerous individuals have already experienced this treatment to increase their level of self-confidence and enhance their appearance.
The final result of the procedure is smoother, more youthful and greatly improved skin. The procedure also stimulates your collagen production. This will further tighten your skin while providing additional smoothness. The treatment is extremely effective, offers a shorter period of recovery than the more invasive treatments or cosmetic surgery and is an excellent option for both wrinkles and fine lines. It is important to follow the after care instructions you will receive from the medical professional. This will help ensure your period of recovery is as beneficial and comfortable as possible.
The Procedure for Erbium Laser Resurfacing
Your first step is finding out if you are a good candidate for Erbium laser resurfacing by having a consultation with an experienced medical professional. It is important their experience covers this particular procedure. The medical professional will consider your desired goals, expectations, current health and medical history prior to determining which treatment will best suit your specific needs. Once you have decided to have the procedure, you need to discontinue any supplements or medications that can impact clotting ten days prior to your procedure such as vitamin E, ibuprofen and aspirin.
If you smoke, the recommendation is stopping for a minimum of two weeks prior to and after your treatment. Smoking can increase the length of your healing process. If you have had fever blisters or cold sores in the past, an antiviral medication may be prescribed to help prevent any breakouts. In most cases, an overnight stay is not required since this is an outpatient procedure. Your entire face may receive treatment or the medical professional may treat individual wrinkles on your forehead or around your mouth and eyes. The procedure for your whole face requires approximately two hours. Individual sections require roughly thirty to 45 minutes.
It is important to clean the area you had treated four or five times each day 24 hours after completing your procedure. You might also use an ointment like petroleum jelly to make certain scabs do not form over the area. This step is incredibly important to ensure you receive the best possible results. Depending on the specifics of the treatment, most individuals are completely healed in ten to 21 days. For a fairly short period of time after your surgery your skin will be lighter. During this time, it is extremely important you use a high quality, broad-spectrum sunscreen. This will ensure your skin is properly protected.
You should spend as little time in the sun as possible. In addition to sunscreen, your skin can be protected by wearing a hat with a broad brim. Keep your skin very well moisturized. If you usually use glycolic acid or Retin A products, the medical professional will most likely instruct you to begin using these products again approximately six weeks after the procedure. Once you have healed, you can begin using your regular cosmetics. If you have any redness in your skin from the treatment, it will fade naturally over time. You can easily hide this with makeup. Cosmetics without any oil are best for your skin after the surgery. If you have fairer skin, the redness may last a little longer. You can help the redness fade away faster by avoiding the sun whenever possible.
The Benefits of Erbium Laser Resurfacing
This cosmetic procedure is safe, convenient, and effective for the rejuvenation of your skin. The treatment is an excellent solution for the removal of hyperpigmentation, blemishes, scars, fine lines, and wrinkles. The treatment is also an exceptional option for repairing skin damage resulting from the aging process, spending a lot of time in the sun, smoking, consuming alcohol and numerous skin conditions such as acne. The resurfacing procedure is fairly fast, convenient and will provide you with sensational results. Erbium laser resurfacing is also the only skincare treatment currently available that offers results lasting for a lifetime. Your skin will be smoother, tighter, and clearer than it was before you had the treatment. Your skin is restored to virtually the same beauty of your youth. This is an ideal option for handling any current issues with your skin, recreating your image and experiencing a wide variety of benefits including:
- The aging process causes the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. This is a great option if you have lines around your eyes and mouth. The treatment softens the lines resulting from aging. The result is a more youthful appearance with smoother and healthier skin.
- You can effectively treat discoloration, redness and brown spots caused by exposure to the sun, issues with skin pigmentation and the aging process. Numerous individuals have had undesirable freckles removed during the procedure. Once your skin pigmentation has been corrected and any brown spots eliminated, your skin tone will be more balanced and even.
- Most people believe the best benefit of this procedure is the results are far from temporary. Your results are permanent. Your new look is not going to fade away within a few months or a year as with the majority of the other skincare solutions available. Bases and facial creams simply do not last. Due to the new skin layer resulting from your treatment, blemishes and scars on your previous skin are completely eliminated and will not come back. It is important to understand your new skin layer is going to age. That said, it will not revert to its pre-procedural state. Despite the natural process of aging, you will have an invigorated and completely new layer of skin. This means it is critical to care for and protect your new skin and constantly maintain the moisture.
- The aging process will cause the gradual loss of elasticity in your skin. Gravity is not in your favor. As time passes, everything pulls in a downward direction. The loss of elasticity prevents your skin from bouncing back the way it did in the past. The treatment will enhance the tone of your skin, trigger new collagen production in the areas you had treated and promote the absorption of collagen in the untreated, surrounding areas. You will immediately notice a more youthful and firmer appearance that will continue improving as time passes.
- The first benefit you will notice is the simplicity of your treatment. Depending on the specifics of your procedure, the process generally requires just thirty to 45 minutes. You do not have to worry about clearing a big block of time. This adds to the convenience of your treatment.
- One of the most frustrating types of scars to conceal is an acne scar. Some individuals even fight acne once they have become adults, resulting in uneven and marked skin. Scars caused by surgery, accidents, or an injury often impact both the level of self-confidence and the appearance of the individual. Although the specific results vary according to each person, this is an effective option for decreasing the visibility of these scars and minimizing their appearance. In certain instances, the scars are completely eliminated.
- Prominent blood vessels, spider veins and broken capillaries can cause undesirable blemishes. This generally results from skin irritations, too much exposure to the sun, alcohol consumption or hormones. These veins can often be significantly diminished or removed by this procedure.
- The two main causes of enlarged pores are the aging process and genetics. Large pores often cause a feeling of self-consciousness when being too close to others in addition to making your skin appear bumpy and uneven. The procedure can make your pores look a lot smaller. Your skin will also appear both even and smooth for a very long period of time.
Get In Touch with Us for More Information
If you are interested in Erbium laser resurfacing, please reach out and make an appointment with Kaniff Cosmetic Medical Center. At our convenient location in Sacramento, our caring and dedicated team of professionals will be pleased to explain this option to you in greater detail and answer any questions you may have. Contact us today to set up your consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!