According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, in 2013, there were over 221,000 nose reshaping procedures conducted in the United States. Rhinoplasty Sacramento stands as the second most popular cosmetic procedure, trailing only breast augmentation in popularity.
If you are considering a nose reshaping procedure, understanding the facts will help you make the best decision possible.
Issues Addressed by Rhinoplasty
There are two reasons to consider a nose reshaping surgery: aesthetic concerns and repairing anatomical problems. A Sacramento Nose Job can change the shape of your nose including the width, length, tip position and improve its overall balance with your other features.
Rhinoplasty is not all about vanity, however. Health concerns addressed by rhinoplasty include:
- Resetting of a previously fractured nose that is painful or often sore.
- Repairing a deviated septum, which can alleviate snoring and problems breathing through the nose. This is especially important for those who love exercise or participate in sports.
- Reducing the appearance and sensation of scar tissue inside the nose, which can also lessen or cure instances of nosebleeds.
Contraindications for Rhinoplasty
As with any surgical procedure, rhinoplasty is not the answer for everyone. Some conditions can complicate healing while others can make the anesthesia dangerous.
The following conditions may contraindicate your case or make it more complicated:
- Those who have diabetes will need to have their sugars well-controlled to heal properly.
- Any bleeding disorder can make surgery dangerous, as can using any blood-thinning medication such as Warfarin.
- Anyone undergoing treatment for cancer should delay their rhinoplasty until remission is achieved and their oncologist has cleared them for surgery.
- Any inflammation or infection in your mouth or sinus cavities will need to be resolved before your rhinoplasty.
As with any surgery that has the potential to change your appearance, you need to have reasonable expectations. A surgeon can try to give you a certain celebrity’s nose, but it may not be what’s best for your facial features. Your bone structure and healing will also have an impact.
Ideally, your Rhinoplasty will give you a nose that fits in with your face and allows you to breathe easily. You need to have realistic expectations to fully enjoy your results.
A Rhinoplasty can be a wonderful procedure for both health issues and aesthetics. Contact Kaniff Cosmetic Medical Center today to schedule an appointment. During the consultation, we will talk about your concerns and the benefits of rhinoplasty. This will help you make a fully informed choice.